Saturday, March 27, 2010

On the Couch

I'm glad to have a weekend going on here. Taking it very easy today, after a full and intense week.

At one point this morning, I plopped down onto the couch and flopped over onto the pillows, with a tired sigh.

JoyDad flopped next to me and hug-tackled me.

Joy, who'd been watching the TV at the other side of the room, circled around in our direction and twinkled at us. Much as if to say, "Gimme some of that hug-action!"

We laughed and called her to join us. She came right over, and scrambled up between us.

There we sat, a Joy-sandwich of a hug, and watched TV together for a while.

Just call it hug-therapy.

5 comments:

jess said...

the very best kind! enjoy a well-earned weekend!!

Anonymous said...

Kid-samwiches. Good wholesome therapy. I'm going to flop down on the couch myself.

Anonymous said...

Sounds AWESOME! refreshing. i love your loving family!

Casdok said...

I dont manage to get hug therapy very often - but when i dooo - its the best :)

Mimzy said...

Blogger needs a 'like' button ---- "LIKE!"