Sunday, November 1, 2009

A Case of the Shreds

Joy loves her pillow, the one she sleeps with in her tented crib.

As in, I mean she luuuuuvs her pillow. I think the word I'm looking for is... well, humping. Although her senior barista tactfully refers to it as "making friends with her pillow."

This pillow-relationship seems to have entered a new phase this week, however. As the week progressed, I started to notice that her threadbare old pillowcase was starting to collect little rips. I threw it out, only to have the phenomenon happen a second time with another old pillowcase. So I tossed that one too, and this morning pulled out one from the JoyParents' regular pillowcase rotation.

Here's what she did to her parents' pillowcase during naptime today:

Shredded Pillowcase
Sometimes love really hurts!

We're going to try a flannel pillowcase tonight.

Wish us luck.

6 comments:

Niksmom said...

Oh my! Does she do that with her hands or does she simply love it to death? Hope the flannel pillow case helps.

mama edge said...

Flannel is a girl's best friend?

JoyMama said...

Niksmom - I suspect there are teeth involved. Vampire-love, perhaps?

jess said...

Wow, that's some aggressive um 'friend making' ;)

Anonymous said...

To you, I'll offer up that a dear friend of mine has this same circumstance with her male dog. She's had to dispose of many a pillow. I'll take a little girl and her pillow over Bobo and his any day! It's not so bad :)

To my friend, I'll pass on the alternate view of "making friends".

JoyMama said...

Hi blackknightsbrood, and welcome!

I'm not sure there's much I can say to your comment except -- in the words of John Elder Robison - "Woof!"

By the way, everyone, the flannel pillowcases are working really well. There's a little hole in one of them, but not of the huge shreddy three-corner tears.