Thursday, September 17, 2009

Apple Picking

It was a cool summer, with the chilliest July on record according to this morning's paper! But now that fall is imminent, we've had a long string of dry sunny days with highs in the upper 70s and mid 80s.

Perfect for an apple-picking trip this past weekend! As if we didn't have apples coming out our ears from our own trees earlier this summer. But there's something special about an apple orchard, at a gorgeous farm where they even have an old-fashioned tire-swing for the kiddies...


Look at that sky.


It's good to get out and about as a family!



P.S. My better half is celebrating his umpty-umpth birthday today. Happy birthday, dear JoyDad!

5 comments:

Niksmom said...

Awww, happy birthday to you, JoyDad!

jess said...

beautiful photos!!

happy birthday, joydad!

datri said...

Apple picking is so much fun! Although I don't know if Kayla will be interested this year, but it's worth a try!

Happy Birthday, JoyDad!!

Anonymous said...

Love this post - gives me a very happy feeling. I know the family outing gave JD a happy celebration of his birth, too! Better than any than I can wish. And he isn't even limping. ;)

(Yes, I can tell.)
Barbara

JoyDad said...

Actually, looking at the pictures I was reminded of how painful it was last year when we went to the same orchard. But now that my foot has been fixed, I can go on these family outings without worrying about how big of a price I'd pay. Yay!

Thanks for all the birthday wishes!